Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Rest assured…

I am hesitant to reveal one actor who I want in this movie, but rest assured, he will be the villain.  Although people would now want to see him either as a villain or not at all, I can't think of a better actor for this particular part.

However, I do think it is hypocritical that, on Facebook, users dislike Gibson so much as a person that they've removed his movies from their profiles, but quickly pardon Chris Brown.  I'm not saying I admire either person on the basis of their character, though one has made a lot of decent to deserving movies, while the other is no more talented than any pop music artist still active (who, frankly, are quite talentless).

How do you have a backlash against an anti-Semite, but praise a man who commits domestic violence against women?

Yet, despicable though one's opinions may be, I do not believe it is sufficient grounds to deny them work.  My gay former friend objected to Clint Eastwood being cast in a dead project of mine because the friend thought he supported Proposition 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment